After trying the polenta chips at Jamie's Kitchen, I've been keen to recreate them and these turned out just as addictive, crispy on the outside and pillow-y on the inside. If you want to make a healthier alternative, you can always bake them instead of frying them.
1/2 cup Polenta
2.5 cups Chicken Stock
1/4 cup Parmesan, grated
1 tbs Rosemary
1 tbs Mince Garlic
Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Bring to boil the chicken stock, garlic and rosemary leaves
- Reduce heat to low and slowly add polenta, stirring constantly.
- Simmer and stir on low for 10 minutes
- Remove from heat and stir in parmesan, salt and pepper
- Pour into a small tray, lined with greased baking paper. Smooth the surface, then cover in cllngwrap and refrigerate for 1.5 hours.
- After the polenta has become firm, remove from the tray and cut into bite sized squares.
- Heat up oil in a small wok or pan, and fry in batches until golden and crispy on the outside
- Serve as is, or sprinkle some rock salt and parmesan on top