Fashions on the field: Melbourne Cup 2009
The day that stops the nation, where Australians everywhere congregate in front of television screens (and the lucky ones who are there live) and put our money down our favourites, drink too much and yell our lungs out. But we all know its just as much about the fashion as it is the horses, so here are some of the looks from the day.
- Actress Sibylla Deen. The look is very cute, cocktail-vibe and safely co-ordinated but there is another reason I included her. I think we are going to be seeing more of her in style pages in the future since she has scored a role on on the very stylish Gossip Girl (And isn't her headband reminiscent of Blair Waldorf). Photo: AAP Image/ Tracey Nearmy
- Model Ruby Brown. Now the look is a little different but today isn't about being safe. I like how it incorporates a lots of trends; the lacy gloves, the chains, ruffled shirt without looking over the top by keeping it to classic black and white. Photo: Rob Banks, taken from theage.com.au
- Natalie Sade. Very on trend with the one shoulder dress, the colour is very spring and she has incorporated the blue in well. Photo: AAP Image/ Julian Smith
- Model Rebecca Twigley. She stuck to one block colour but I think that works with the sleeves (which is my favourite part of the dress), the waist and the large headpiece. Photo:Robert Prezioso/Getty Images.
- Jennifer Hawkins. I like the sheer top, I like the headpiece (specially the base detail) but it isn't my fav Jen races moments. I think I was expecting more from the face of Myer, maybe even more colour would be nicer, nevertheless she looks gorgeous as usual. Photo: Getty Images.
Images 1 and 3-5 taken from http://au.sports.yahoo.com/racing/gallery/archive/