Recipe | Squid Ink Pasta with Mushroom, Lemon, Chilli and Garlic
I've been reading about, and seeing squid ink pasta a bit and was keen to try it, so when browsing Salt, Meats, Cheese over the weekend I couldn't help but buy a packet. Not having a recipe in mind, I decided to make one up. Wanting the pasta to be the star, I chose not to make a heavy sauce. It was pretty funny boiling the pasta, as the colour runs so ends up being a bubbling pot of black liquid. Once cooked the pasta got very sticky but once the sauce is mixed in its all good.
- 150 gm Black Squid Linguine
- 3 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 tbs Minced Garlic
- 2 tbs Lemon Juice
- 3/4 cup Sliced Mushroom
- 1 tsp Dried Chilli Flakes
- 1 tbs Breadcrumbs
- t tsp Washed Capers
- 1 tbs Butter
- To taste Salt and pepper
- Cook Linguine as per instructions
- Heat up oil, add garlic and breadcrumbs. Fry up for 2 minutes on low heat.
- Mix in butter, mushrooms, chilli, salt and pepper. Continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Add capers and lemon juice. Take off heat once mixed through.
- Throw in the cooked pasta, mix the sauce through and serve!