Recipe | Lemon cream and curd stack
Lemon desserts are quickly become the alternative favourite to chocolate. Being a lemon fan myself, I decided to do some experimenting in the kitchen and came up with this easy dessert. I was particularly surprised with how well the lemon cream turned out; so light, tangy and fresh! I even used the extras to fill a chocolate cake.
- Beat cream and icing sugar until it becomes more thicker and stiff in consistency.
- Fold in lemon. Taste, if you feel its need more sweetening, add more icing sugar. Likewise, for the lemon juice.
75 g Caster sugar
3 tsps Lemon zest
80 ml Lemon juice
40 g butter
- Whisk yolks and sugar in a small saucepan, until pale
- Add the zest and butter, then place the saucepan over very low heat
- Cook the mixture, whisking continuously for about 7 minutes or when thickened into curd.
p.s I'm giving you a chance to win a free dinner, enter here now!