Recipe | Polenta Chips with Rosemary and Parmesan
After trying the polenta chips at Jamie's Kitchen, I've been keen to recreate them and these turned out just as addictive, crispy on the outside and pillow-y on the inside. If you want to make a healthier alternative, you can always bake them instead of frying them.
1/2 cup Polenta
2.5 cups Chicken Stock
1/4 cup Parmesan, grated
1 tbs Rosemary
1 tbs Mince Garlic
Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Bring to boil the chicken stock, garlic and rosemary leaves
- Reduce heat to low and slowly add polenta, stirring constantly.
- Simmer and stir on low for 10 minutes
- Remove from heat and stir in parmesan, salt and pepper
- Pour into a small tray, lined with greased baking paper. Smooth the surface, then cover in cllngwrap and refrigerate for 1.5 hours.
- After the polenta has become firm, remove from the tray and cut into bite sized squares.
- Heat up oil in a small wok or pan, and fry in batches until golden and crispy on the outside
- Serve as is, or sprinkle some rock salt and parmesan on top