Recipe: Easter Chocolate Parfait
Easter is almost among us and that means chocolate season! Any time is a good time for chocolate but when its Easter you almost have to have it. So keeping with the Easter and chocolate theme, I bring you my latest recipe. Totally decadent, totally naughty and totally easy to make!
200 grams chocolate
20 grams butter
3 eggs, separated
1 tablespoon caster sugar
1 cup thickened cream
1/4 cup chocolate chips
4 tablespoons chocolate sauce
120 grams chocolate biscuits, crushed (I used chocolate ripple biscuits)
12 small easter eggs (I used Reece's Pieces Eggs to add a peanut butter hit)
1. Place the 200 grams chocolate and butter in a small saucepan, and melt until smooth over a low heat.
2. Allow it to cool slight, a mix in the egg yolks, one at a time. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
3. Beat together the egg whites until peaks begin to form, sprinkle the sugar on top then beat some more until the peaks stiffen some more.
4. Folder together the egg white with the chocolate mixture, then fold in the cream and chocolate chips. Set in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
5. In four serving glasses of your choice layer the crushed cookies, chocolate sauce and mousse. I chose to have a layer of cookies, then mouse, then chocolate sauce, then mouse, more cookies and then more more mousse. Place the three eggs of the top of each glass. Like I mentioned above I added peanut butter filled eggs to add a new flavour.