Recipe | Ricotta Stuffed Zucchini Flowers
The flowers were a little smaller than the ones I have been served at restuarants but I could still stuff them with small balls of ricotta. They might not photograph well but they sure were delicious and were all gone within 10 minutes of making them (I may have had half myself!). It’s a dish that seems a little fancy but was pretty simple to whip up.
14 zucchini flowers
100 grams ricotta
2 teaspoons horseradish cream
1 cup flour
1 cup water
1 teaspoon paprika
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Remove the stamens from the flowers by peeling down the flowers
2. Mix together the ricotta, horseradish, salt and pepper.
3. Using a teaspoon or your fingers, delicately stuff the flowers with the ricotta
4. Mix together the flour, water, paprika and some salt and pepper.
5. Hit up a pot of oil or your fryer. Individually coat the flowers in the batter before cooking in the hot oil until the batter crisps up.
6. Serve and enjoy immediately!