Potato Blini with Smoked Salmon and Horseradish Ricotta | Recipe
I love canapes and finger foods, various textures and elements experienced in one bite. Plus they are normally served at some fancy and exciting event (high teas, weddings, openings etc etc). I decided to bring a little of fancy event to a regular night and home and whipped up some of these
This recipe is perfect for your next event (or regular night in!)
1 large potato
2 tablespoons flour
100 grams ricotta
1 tablespoon horseradish cream
50 grams smoked salmon
2 tablespoons dukkah (optional)
1. Peel and cut up the potato roughly into 8 pieces. Boil these until soft
2. Mash the potatoes
3. Using an electric mixer, mix in the egg and flour until smooth
4. Using a low heat, heat up a small pan, and add four separate tablespoons of the mixture at a time, using a spatula to spread out the mixture so its thin and shaped like a pikelet. Flip each of them when its browned on the underside. Repeat this process until all the mixture is gone.
5. Mix the ricotta and horseradish cream.
6. Place a small amount of salmon on each of the blinis and top with the ricotta mixture. 7. OPTIONAL: Sprinkle some dukkah on top if desired (cracked pepper and salt is another option).